Thursday, 4 April 2013

Glitter Phone Case.

Posted by Unknown at 09:02
Hello lovelies!
I am sorry that I didn't make any post yesterday. I didn't make a post because my laptop decided to break on me. I know, great, isn't it. But, as you can now see, it is working again! (yay!)

Anyway, today is a little tutorial I guess. Some people said they liked my phone and wanted to know how I did it, so here goes nothing.
 So, this would be your finishing product. Obviously you could do it with any phone, I guess. I only did this because the back of my BlackBerry was scratched and I didn't like the look of it. First of all, you can see that I have changed the logo to blue, however, you cannot see the silver glitter on that. Also, as you can see, I have added gold sparkles to the main case. Now, on to the tutorial.

You will need:
♥Gold glitter nail varnish.
♥Silver glitter nail varnish
♥Phone (or iPod, ect)
♥Black nail varnish (or what ever colour you want it to be, I just wanted mine to be simple).
♥Blue nail varnish (Once again, or a different one, maybe you want it the inverted version. You can have what ever colour).
♥And finally a top coat/nail hardener (I have nail hardener).


 First, get your main colour and your other one. Personally, I chose just plain black for the main to keep it simple. The brand I have is No7 Stay Perfect and it is a really fast drying nail polish. I got that from Boots but I know you can get it from your average super market such as Tescos. However, I got my blue polish from Tescos, I am still unsure whether you can get it anywhere else, but keep an eye out because 'Hot Looks' is a brilliant brand of nail varnish. The colour is called 'Show off'' number 23 of the Hot Looks collection. Also, if you do have a BlackBerry and you are doing this then I suggest you take the logo out before doing the main colour. If you take the back off then you will see that is stuck there by a sticker. The sticker can come off pretty easy sometimes, but if not just poke a little, not too hard, at the logo on the back to help get it out. This is only because you
will have to go over the logo much more if you paint over it with black. I also suggest that you do the logo first so then it will dry earlier and you don't have to panic about it being ruined when you go to put it back in its little slot.





After you are sure that both your logo and back are dry, then start to add the glitter nail polish. I used silver and gold, but again, you don't have to; you may like it as it is. The nail polish that I used are both BarryM and the silver one is called 'Diamond Glitter' number 350 of BarryM's collection. Also, the black glittered nail polish is called 'Gold Mine Glitter' and the number for this one is 355 from BarryM's lovely collection. The thing I like about his collection is the fact that the polish lasts a long time and it dries so quickly! I put the Diamond Glitter over the Show off on the logo and I put the Gold Mine Glitter over the black No7 nail polish!

Now that you have done that, there is only two more steps. After you added the glitter polish, you then need to seal in your design my putting on a top coat, or as I used a Nail Hardener.

The nail hardener I used is called 'Hard As Nails' and it has a nylon brush. This is by Sally Hansen and you can get this from almost any super market. In fact, all the products I will have used are simple things that you probably have at home, right now! If not, well, you can get them at all other shops (except the phone bit...). Anyway,  this dries within around 30 seconds to 1 minute. You should do two layers at least, if not three. Personally, I have done three and there is no damage to my design. I've just realised that I forgot to mention that with the main coat (the black or what ever you chose) you should do two coats. Anyway, after you have done the coats on both the main cover (where you put your main coat) and on you logo, you can then wait for it to dry and then put your logo back into its slot. If your sticker for your logo went dry, mine didn't but this is just in case, just use some sticky tape to secure it down.

I hope you have liked this. I may do more of these if I find anything interesting to do one on.
I shall type to you all soon.

Au revoir!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pretty Little Lights. Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting