Day 21.
Hello, there.
This is a simple picture of mascara. I know, it's not so much. But my story behind it is short but mighty.
As a woman, we are expected to look and feel beautiful. We are constantly forced to try look our best and if we don't, then we are ugly. I mean, since when did we have to wear make up and show that we tried to look nice. Why can't we feel naturally pretty?
Now, I'm not usually the kind that is like this. I mean, I'm no feminist, but this makes me so mad! I mean, the girls who rarely wear make up are frowned upon and called ugly until they are forced to wear too much! How come we cannot go out of the house in scruffy, baggy jeans that show no curves? Why can I not leave my home wearing comfortable clothes with out people looking at me like a freak?
I mean, the other morning, I was in my pyjamas and I didn't look my best, due to the fact that I had more-or-less just woke up, and my neighbours looked at me like a freak when I had an oversized top and baggy shorts on. Can I just remind you that I was just putting the rubbish in the bin? My neighbouirs still looked at me like a freak- an ugly freak.
And you wonder why girls starve them selves and put way too much make up on.
"When your little girl
asks you if she’s pretty
your heart will drop like a wineglass
on the hardwood floor
part of you will want to say
of course you are, don’t ever question it
and the other part
the part that is clawing at
you
will want to grab her by her shoulders
look straight into the wells of
her eyes until they echo back to you
and say
you do not have to be if you don’t want to
it is not your job
both with feel right
one will feel better
she will only understand the first
when she wants to cut her hair off
or wear her brother’s clothes
you will feel the words in your
mouth like marbles
you do not have to be pretty if you don’t want to
it is not your job"
asks you if she’s pretty
your heart will drop like a wineglass
on the hardwood floor
part of you will want to say
of course you are, don’t ever question it
and the other part
the part that is clawing at
you
will want to grab her by her shoulders
look straight into the wells of
her eyes until they echo back to you
and say
you do not have to be if you don’t want to
it is not your job
both with feel right
one will feel better
she will only understand the first
when she wants to cut her hair off
or wear her brother’s clothes
you will feel the words in your
mouth like marbles
you do not have to be pretty if you don’t want to
it is not your job"
- Caitlyn Seihl
Love,
Cerys x
0 comments:
Post a Comment